IABS is administered by a Board of Directors, comprised of 15 members, 5 of whom are elected every 2 years for a term of 6 years.
The Board meets twice a year. It determines the general policy of the Association, defines the topics to be addressed, supervises the activities conducted by the Committees.
The Board delegates the day-to-day operationsto the Executive Committee and to the other standing committees:
- The Scientific Committees, responsible for the organization of scientific conferences;
- The Communications Committee of the Alliance is responsible for:
- Establishing a Publication Committee that shall be responsible for all publication activity.
- Coordinating the mailing of information to be published on the website
- Keeping contacts with selected organizations active